Attendees from out of town will be staying at the University Guest House on the campus of the University of Utah. The University Guest House is accessible via light rail (Trax) from the Salt Lake City International Airport. CUWiP volunteers will be at the airport with Trax passes and directions to the Guest House. For your return to the airport, we will reimburse your Trax ticket, which costs $2.50. Shared-ride shuttles (such as Express Shuttle Utah) and taxis (Yellow and Ute Cab) are also available, but will not be reimbursed.
Salt Lake City is a local mecca of outdoors recreation. It is located within a half hour of 7 world-renowned resorts, including Park City, Snowbird, and Deer Valley. Skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts might stay an extra day and take advantage of the best snow on earth at one of our wonderful local resorts. There is public transportation available to each of them, and each has a great rental shop for all your needs. Here is a short overview of each resort:
- Brighton - Big Cottonwood Canyon. Full day pass ~$60. Rentals $30-45. Night skiing also available for $32.
- Solitude - Big Cottonwood Canyon. Full day pass $69. Rentals $30.
- Snowbird - Little Cottonwood Canyon. Full day pass $85. Upgrade to include Alta pass available. Rentals $38-$57.
- Alta - Little Cottonwood Canyon. Full day pass $70. Upgrade to include Snowbird pass available. Rentals $22-$50. Also available: Ski after 3 for $10. Skiers only.
- Deer Valley - Park City. Full day pass $108. Ski rental $55-$77. Skiers only.
- Canyons - Park City (No info posted yet.)
- Park City - Park City. Full day pass ~$100. Rentals $22-$44.
Fan of film? The internationally recognized Sundance Film Festival hosted in Park City, UT will start the Thursday, January 16th, before the conference and run until the 26th. You can either arrive early and enjoy the festival on its opening day, catch a ride on the PC-SLC Connect city bus sometime during the weekend, or stay for Monday. For more information follow the relevant links below.